Our Upper School Mission:
Beginning in 7th grade and continuing through senior year, students will take 7 courses including core and elective classes. Honors, advanced placement and college prep classes are available beginning freshman year.
MEA continually strives to provide a culture of excellence in all endeavors with academics being the focal point. With this focus we emphasize the following:
- College Preparatory: The focus of the curriculum, teaching, and learning is to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in college or any other post-secondary endeavor.
- Environment: MEA provides an environment that is safe, enjoyable, caring, and stimulating with the intent of nurturing and developing well-balanced, responsible, and dedicated young people.
- Belief in God: This reality that is shared through a direct experience of God by way of personal revelation.
- Christian Doctrines: The doctrines that are ultimate include: the Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), the deity of Christ (Son of God), the virgin birth, the atoning work of Christ on the cross, the bodily resurrection, and salvation by grace through faith.
- Patriotism: MEA develops an appreciation, love and devotion for our country (United States of America).
- Academic Achievement: MEA promotes a culture of directing, developing and motivating students to move their accumulation and application of knowledge to a higher level.
- Preparation: The state of readiness is an important quality in achieving goals and in avoiding and mitigating negative outcomes