- Beginning in 9th grade a minimum of 10 hours documented community service are required each year (or 40 hours cumulative) for a student to be eligible to be an Honor Graduate.
- The community service must be approved by the Guidance Counselor before any service is complete.
- A phone and email contact for the representative of the serviced organization or event must be provided.
- Only community service within the student’s county of residence or Montgomery County is acceptable. The Guidance Counselor may grant an emergency service waiver for opportunities outside the designated area.
- Any community service done through a church, temple, mosque, or synagogue may not be credited for the honor student graduate.
- Community service is retro active for no more than 4 months.
- Credited service requirements for the honor graduate must be complete one month prior to graduation.
- The Guidance Counselor has the final authority for approving any service to be credited.